Photobucket

Monday, May 16, 2011

Random Shit With Franklin (ret): Martial Arts Films You Should Be Watchin Part: Wooaaaaahon!

As most people in the world, we here at Brobrobrodude love movies. We each have our own preferences that vary from genre to genre. One of my favorite preferences are martial arts films. I love martial arts films. I feel like they are some what dismissed and under appreciated. Yeah I know there are shitty ass films out there but that is why you have me. I'll try and help you sort through the bullshit. So, I will post some ass kicking films that I have watched and tell you why you should be watching them.

Ip Man



Ip Man is a Chinese martial arts flick about a guy named, well Yip Man. This is a “semi” biographical account of his life. The story takes place before and during the occupation of China by the Japanese before the Second World War. He is a martial arts instructor who teaches the Wing Chun method of fighting. Wing Chun is kind of like tai chi, except instead of doing it in a park with a bunch of other people it involves punching repeatedly in the chest at a blinding speed. This mother fucker was no joke, yeah I know it’s a movie and shit is exaggerated, but this is the guy who helped train mother fucking Bruce Lee.



Yeah, so you know this guy kicks some ass. I don’t want to spoil the movie for you but this guy kicks some ass throughout the film. The highlight of the film, in my opinion, is when he fights ten fucking Japanese black belts. Donnie Yen does a great job portraying this cigarette smoking, black robe wearing badass. Most of the other characters are pretty forgettable with the exception of a few. You should check this one out it is worth the time. You should be watching this film because it is one of the better martial arts films to come out recently. Hollywood tries to put some out there but they usually fail miserably. So take this flick from China and check it out, you won't be disappointed.

Fist Rating: 4 Fists to the Face out of 5
Accessibly: 5 Feet to the head out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment